A Friendly Farewell

Mrs. Eggleston, FFA teacher leaves Laingsburg after 8 years

Makayla Hagerty, Website Editor

After eight years of teaching agriculture classes at Laingsburg High School, Beth Eggleston decided that it was time to start a new chapter of her life. Her new job is in the Michigan Department of Education in the Office of Special Education. She is currently the Career Technical Education (CTE) agriculture teacher and FFA advisor at the high school. 

During her first two years at Laingsburg, she started by teaching only one class, Conservation, then eventually added Agriculture Food and Natural Resources (AFNR) Biology, Conservation of Natural Resources, Veterinary Science, and AFNR Systems and Horticulture. 

¨Teaching ‘by doing’ prepares students to become problem solvers, leaders, and entrepreneurs,¨ Eggleston stated. ¨I wanted to give students a well-rounded education that will prepare them for college and the workforce, as well as teach them how to be educated consumers.¨

Not only has she helped with the agriculture classes, but she has also helped greatly advance the FFA program at Laingsburg to where it is today. She has been an FFA advisor for the past 13 years. 

¨I started a summer agriculture program at the high school for students who wanted to have hands-on experience of raising livestock, but would never have been able to otherwise,¨ Eggleston said.