Seniors Give Their Last Take on LHS Clubs

A look into the clubs and the seniors that make up LHS

Kezzie Dietz and Hailey Hagerty

We asked seniors who partake in many of the different clubs offered at Laingsburg High School three simple questions about their clubs, 

1. How long have you been doing (club name)?
  2. What’s your favorite memory from (club name)? 
  3. Any advice for anyone looking to join?

These seniors have provided some valuable advice as well as a little glimpse into their time at LHS. 

Peer to Peer- 

Caleb Morr-

1. I have been in Peer to Peer for four years.

1. My favorite memory from Peer to Peer was when we had a field day and got to work with the Mosie kids from the middle school.

3. My advice to anyone looking to join is- please join it only helps you as a person and everyone around you!

Colt Wurm-

1. I have participated in Peer to Peer since my sophomore year.
  2. My favorite memory was going to the YMCA camp with everyone. It was a great time!
  3. Don’t be hesitant to join, you will make great friends along the way!

Savannah Olmstead-

1. I’ve been in Peer to Peer for 3 years!
  2. My favorite memory from Peer to Peer would be when I went to a camp for a few days and went to a ropes course with everyone!
  3. My advice for anyone that wants to join is- do it! It’s a club that works really well with your schedule and it’s so much fun!!

Bree Schlaak-

1. This has been my first year of Peer to Peer.

2. My favorite memory is when we were sitting in Mrs. Jones’s class and we played a game of hangman.

3. Some advice I have would be- don’t be afraid to put yourself out there and be the one who makes the first interaction.

Emily Schaaf-

1. I’ve been doing Peer to Peer for two years. 
  2. My favorite memory from Peer to Peer was probably from my junior year when we went to a camp. 
  3. I don’t really have any advice for anyone looking to join but it’s definitely a fun experience and you should!

Logan Sewell-

1. I’ve been a part of Peer to Peer for 3 years.
  2. Going bowling as a group.
  3. Have fun, enjoy going on field trips, and make some new friends.

Student Council-

Kindi Dietz-

1. I was Student Council secretary for three years. 
  2. My favorite memories would have to be from homecoming, all the theme planning, hallway decorating, and the pep rallies. I enjoy making signs and locker decorations for Student Council.
  3. If you are a person that enjoys planning and organizing events, definitely join Student Council!

Savannah Olmstead-

1. I participated in Student Council for 3 years!
  2. My favorite memory from Student Council was planning the homecoming assembly my junior year! It was so much fun to see how everything came together and seeing what it really took to put something like that on!
  3. My advice for anyone looking to join would be to just have fun with it! It’s really nothing you have to take super serious, you can do little projects or big projects and you’ll have fun either way! I was the Vice President in Student Council  and everyone that was in it for sure had a lot of fun!

Emily Schaaf-

1. I did Student Council for 3 years throughout high school. 
  2. My favorite memory from Student Council was planning the homecoming assembly my junior or senior year. 
  3. Some advice I have for people who are interested in joining Student Council would be- don’t be scared of involving yourself with a lot of different parts of Student Council and also that Mr. Morrill is not as intimidating as he may seem!

Bree Schlaack-

1. I have been in Student Council off and on since I was a freshman. 
  2. My favorite memory of Student Council is homecoming week because we have a lot of responsibility and you can really see your hard work pay off. 
  3. Some advice I have is when you’re planning or starting something make sure you think of all the little details and walk through every step. 

Ellie Thelen-

1). I’ve been in stuco for the past 4 years.

1. My favorite memory was definitely getting to plan the homecoming assembly for the first time and then getting to MC my senior year because it’s really awesome to be able to get creative and have a lot of fun with them!
  2. My advice would be to be really creative! Being in Student Council  the school is your canvas so you get to come up with tons of really awesome and new ideas to experiment with and “paint” all over the campus. The sky is the limit, so use it to your advantage!!

FFA-

Mariah Byrnes-

1. I have been in FFA for 5 years.
  2. My favorite memory from FFA is Parliamentary Procedure team dinners! (but I have countless others!)
  3. My advice for anyone wanting to join is if you’re interested, don’t listen to the stereotypes. FFA gives students so many skills that they can apply to their own lives and future if they work hard to achieve them. Not to mention all the fun you will have and the friends you make will become family!

Taylor Chadwick –

1. I have been a part of FFA for four years.
  2. My favorite memories would include any time spent in the barn with the animals or working alongside Mrs. Eggleston as her Ag Intern. 
  3. To anyone joining, please take the chance to include yourself in any opportunity you get. You will not regret it. 

Myia Danek-

1. I was only in FFA for my senior year, but if I had learned more about it early on I for sure have joined sooner.
  2. My favorite FFA memory was going to states and bonding with all of the other FFA kids.
  3. My advice would be to stay open-minded about different teams and activities because you could be surprised and find something you love to do.

Kindi Dietz-

1. I’ve been in FFA for four years. 
  2. My favorite memory would be doing the spring skills contest with my friends. 
  3. I would definitely join FFA because there are many good opportunities.

Adrian Eggleston-

1. I have been in the FFA since the 6th grade,
  2. My favorite memory is playing pranks on each other during National Convention. 

3. My advice to anyone looking to join is to just jump right in and don’t be afraid to get involved. Chances are you’ll find something that interests you.

Gavin Grinstern-

1. I was a part of the FFA for all 4 years of high school. 
  2. My favorite FFA memory was probably getting to raise my own turkeys. 
  3. Anyone looking to join should do it, everyone is very welcoming even if you are playing the smallest of roles. It’s a great experience. 

Logan Hagerty-

1. I have been in FFA for 6 years.
  2. My favorite memory of FFA has got to be attending state officer interviews this past year because it was really enjoyable to see all of these different people from all over the state coming together to focus on developing the organization to meet all the new needs of our ever-growing and changing society. 
  3. The piece of advice that I would give to someone looking to join FFA is that it is so diverse in the opportunities that it gives to its members there is a little something everyone should be able to enjoy, and you will never know what it is until you give it a try!

Jacob Hummel-

1. I’ve been a part of FFA for about 5 years
  2. Going to states for green hand
  3. It is a lot of fun, but you can’t be afraid of getting your hands dirty.

Elena Kozachik-

1. I have been a part of the FFA for all four years of my high school career. 
  2. That is a very hard thing to do, I have so many fun memories with this organization but I would have to say all the long hours I have spent in the ag room practicing for contests.

3. The advice I would give is don’t be afraid to ask for help or wanting to get involved in a contest. Those are the memories that you will cherish and those people are going to be lifelong friends. Try and get involved in everything you can!

Alyssa Magyar-

1. I haven’t been in FFA long, only since the start of this year. 
  2. I don’t have many memories being in FFA because I have not done much with FFA.
  3. My advice would be to give it a try. 

Makayla Marrison-

1. I have participated in FFA classes for 4 years.
  2. My favorite memory from FFA is the amazing hands-on learning experiences. I got to bottle feed baby goats!
  3. Advice for those looking to join is to have fun and don’t be afraid to go out of your comfort zone. I definitely highly recommend always paying attention to all of the details, especially if you plan to go into the agricultural field in the future!

Caleb Morr-

1. I have been doing FFA for six years 

2. My favorite memory was when we went to National Convention and went to the Garth Brooks concert

3.  For anyone looking to join, trust me you won’t regret it, it’s a great club and all-around family!

Ryan Poole-

1. 4 years.
  2. Releasing the salmon with the younger kids.
  3. That they should try it. There are a lot of learning experiences.

Drama-

Ava Brewer-

1. I’ve been in the Drama club since freshman year. 
  2. I have so many great memories from Drama club!! I have loved being in the shows and making new friends but it was also so amazing to choreograph two musicals!! However, I think that the best memory was placing second at states for our performance of Disenchanted this year!!
  3. My advice for students looking to join is to be open to new experiences and willing to make new friends! You get out of it what you put into it!!

Annie Claus-

1. I’ve been in Drama for all four years.
  2. My favorite memory from Drama is going to states and winning third when we thought there was no way we were going to place and then later finding out that we actually won second.
  3. My advice would be to pick a part of Drama you really like and don’t feel like you have to be a part of a side you don’t really like. There are many different crews and casts to join so pick what you think you would like best.

Brady Hawks-

1. I have been in Drama all four years of high school, and each year a part of tech crew.
  2. My favorite memory from Drama has to be the first time I went to competition, the stress of the event, and the big stage, and just the idea of being able to take your show to another school and perform it was amazing.
  3. To anyone thinking about joining Drama, do it! There is a space for everyone in Drama, if you like the tech side of things, tech crew is there, if you are creative and like building your things, stage crew is fantastic, and if you like performing the stage is, of course, a great place to be!

Nathan Lalonde-

1. I have been doing Drama for four years now.
  2. My favorite memory of Drama is definitely when we went on stage at Drama States.
  3. Drama can be for anyone as long as you try it out and enjoy it you will have an amazing four years of high schools.

Anna Ludlow-

1. I have been in Drama all four years of high school and have done every show as a member of the costumes crew!
  2. I think my favorite memories of Drama have come from my backstage experiences! I have loved getting to sew costumes and make magic that the audience gets to witness, the reactions are priceless and I love being able to make and alter beautiful costume pieces for Drama. Competition has also been a super fun experience, I love going to different schools, meeting other theater kids, and seeing lots of amazing productions!
  3. You will not regret joining! It is crazy and hectic (and also a bit stressful at times) but it is an amazing experience and every role is important and enjoyable whether you are behind the scenes, on the stage, or in the tech booth. It is super fun and you will definitely be able to become a cast member or find a crew that you will be passionate about and hopefully you will have an amazing experience like I did!

Makayla Marrison-

1. I have participated in the Drama club for 4 years.
  2. My favorite memory from Drama is the opening nights. It was always so fun and exciting to present our shows that we’ve spent months working on the community to enjoy!
  3. My advice for those looking to join is to go for it! It’s such a fun and encouraging environment. I loved every second of Drama club and all of the amazing memories I now have from it! Also, Mrs. Strickland is the best director ever!

Emily Schaaf-

1. I’ve been doing Drama for four years. 
  2. My favorite memory from Drama was probably just being on costumes crew and having fun with them. 
  3. Some advice I have for people looking to join Drama would be don’t be afraid to try new things!

Morgan Velderman-

1. I’ve been doing Drama since I was a freshman and took the position as stage manager when I was a sophomore.
  2. My favorite memories are when the crew tries to make each other laugh backstage during performances.
  3. My advice is to definitely do it! It’s some of the most fun a shy artsy kid can have in high school. Join set crew!!

Ben Morrill-

1. I haven’t been doing Drama for long. I just joined late this year. 

2.Whenever we would go to Mcdonald’s after competitions. 

3. And just do it, it’s never too late to join and you’ll really love it!

DECA-

Grace Koenig-

1. I have been doing DECA for one year!
  2. My favorite memory is going to state competition and competing and exploring Detroit.
  3. My advice would be to just try it! The teacher is amazing and it is such a blast getting out there and learning about how to make it in the business world!