Top Ten Students 2019-2020

The top 10 academic students of Laingsburg High School are recognized.

Regan Yates, Editor-In-Chief

Anne Claus 

Overall GPA: 4.0

Do you wish you did anything differently? I wish that I did more things that I enjoyed doing and not things I thought I had to do.

What advice do you have for incoming freshmen? My advice would be to not feel pressured to be someone that you are not, just do what makes you happy.

What are your plans for the future? I plan on attending the University of Michigan to study something in the medical field.

Samuel Marshall

Overall GPA: 4.0

What advice do you have for incoming freshmen? Take time to have some fun.

What are your plans for the future? I am going to Cedarville University next year to study computer science.

Adrian Eggleston

Overall GPA: 3.986

What advice do you have for incoming freshmen? My advice to freshmen is to ask your teachers for help early, don’t wait and fall further behind.

What are your plans for the future? I will be attending Mississippi State University to study Agricultural Engineering.

Anna Ludlow 

Overall GPA: 3.986

What advice do you have for incoming freshmen? I think the advice I would give to incoming freshmen would be that you need to find the balance between your social life and 

school. The relationships you make in school and your education are both important! Try not to have any “I wish I would have” moments during your time in school. Take every opportunity that is given to you, both within your education and with your friends.

What are your plans for the future? I am attending Michigan State University’s Residential College in the Arts and Humanities (RCAH). 

Jesse Gugel 

Overall GPA: 3.979

What advice do you have for incoming freshmen? My advice to incoming freshmen is to not only stay on top of your academics, but also have fun with your classmates. You’ll never get this time back.

What are your plans for the future? I plan on attending Trine University to study physical therapy.

Ellie Thelen 

Overall GPA: 3.973

Do you wish you did anything differently? I wish I had taken a little more time to truly retain some of the information I studied.

What advice do you have for incoming freshmen? I would suggest to incoming freshmen that they should make sure to take time for themselves away for the stress of school and homework. It’s important to understand that even when school is crazy, mental health comes first 🙂

What are your plans for the future? I will be at Grand Valley this fall.

Ava Brewer

Overall GPA: 3.971

Do you wish you did anything differently? The only thing I would’ve done differently is taken dual enrollment classes earlier. I started doing dual enrollment at LCC my junior year and I’m grateful I did because it’s great to have lots of college credits done going into next year!

What are your plans for the future? I will be attending Central Michigan University’s honors program for journalism in the fall.

Emily Schaaf

Overall GPA: 3.933

Do you wish you did anything differently? I wish that I had taken advantage of all of the options our school offers, like dual enrollment or the fifth year program.

What advice do you have for incoming freshmen? Some advice I have for incoming freshmen would be that it is important that you balance your life out because grades are not the only thing that matters. It is important to do extracurriculars as well.

What are your plans for the future? I plan on attending Michigan State University in the fall.

Bree Schlaack

Overall GPA:  3.912 

Do you wish you did anything differently? I do not wish I did anything differently, because I took advantage of all our school has to offer.

What advice do you have for incoming freshmen? Some advice I have for incoming freshmen is to not be afraid to ask questions, whether it be to a teacher, peer, or upperclassmen.

What are your plans for the future? I plan to attend LCC.

Vincent Barberio

Overall GPA: 3.894

Do you wish you did anything differently? I wish I didn’t get a B+ freshman year.

What advice do you have for incoming freshmen? Just do your homework as soon as you can, study for tests, and you will do good in school.

What are your plans for the future? I plan on attending Michigan Technological University to study chemical engineering.